SEDA.digital @ Snowup #3
As every year around this time, our SEDA.digital team participates in the MODX Snowup community event put together by Fabian & Reto. A very one-of-a-kind event, where MODX developers from around Europe get together and take part in impromptu discussions and collaboration. The atmosphere at this event is anything but "formal", with chill-out couches, home-cooked meals and the chance to ski in the beautiful mountains of the area.
Everyone is encouraged to share their web development experiences and this year we had short talks from:
- Gauke Pieter Sietzema from Sterc who presented how one can use MODX3 already in production. Their agency uses their own version of MODX3 that it is still backwards compatible!
- Steven James McLean and Joshua Lückers from Springbok Agency talked about using Fred to build component-based sites. They showed us some examples of sites that they have in production.
- Menno Pietersen was also there showing us some themes that he is creating for Fred.
- Philippe Delberghe and Matthieu Cartier from AmaZili/Tecalys showed us a new extra that magically parses your entire site to document what MODX elements you used for the site.
- Vasily Naumkin from modx.pro showed us his project, VESP framework. He uses it to build applications with Vue, Eloquent ORM, Slim, and Phinx.
Our team is always encouraged to participate in MODX Meetups, and this one is always the highlight of the year! We can't wait to see what next year's Snowup will bring!